An intro to all things Musikfest
With more than 300 performances across 10 days, the Musikfest experience can seem daunting to a first-timer. Don't panic, we've compiled a list of the basics you'll need to know in order to properly get your 'fest on.
- Musikfest 2014 is Aug. 1-10
- "How do I get across the river?" you may ask. Simple. There is a transfer site on each side. Hop on a bus at the transfer site and you'll be taken to the other side. Cost is $3 per person for an all day pass. ArtsQuest Members and volunteers ride for free with their membership cards or volunteer pins. Showing your satellite lot shuttle pass will also allow you to ride for free. Children 12 and under ride for free.
- The easiest entrance strategy is to use our satellite parking lots and shuttle system. View more details here.
- There are 14 stages; 11 are completely free and require no ticket.
- Only the shows at Sands SteelStage and PNC Performing Arts Series require tickets.
- Almost every musical genre conceivable is represented.
- Stages are called "platzes," a homage to the city's Germanic heritage (platz being German for "place").
- Food and drink is available pretty much everywhere and are sold using a ticket system.
- You can buy tickets at every platz.
- Musikfest has famous beverage mugs. They keep your beverages cold in the hot summer sun, plus you get a discount on beer refills. Also, you're helping us to reduce waste by using them.
Miscellaneous 'fest Knowledge
- ArtsQuest Members get special treatment and benefits at the 'fest. Become a member!
- Facebook and Twitter are great ways to get the latest 'fest news.
- The very first Musikfest was held in 1984. 182,000 people showed up.
- The festival is presented by the nonprofit arts organization ArtsQuest. Read more about ArtsQuest
- All proceeds from the 'fest support The Banana Factory, ArtsQuest's community arts center & gallery in Bethlehem, as well as other nonprofit groups in the region.