Martin Guitar Road Series & Authentic Acoustic Strings Sweepstakes – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO PERMANENT LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter. No purchase necessary. To enter the Sweepstakes complete the online form at http://www.musikfest.org/martin by 11:59PM on Sunday, August 11, 2019 or send your first and last name, full mailing address, and phone number on a 3×5 index card with the words “Martin Guitar Road Series & Authentic Acoustic Strings Sweepstakes” in a #10 envelope addressed to: ArtsQuest / Martin Guitar Road Series & Authentic Acoustic Strings Sweepstakes ATTN: Marketing Manager: Ben Youngerman, 25 W Third St, Bethlehem, PA 18015. All mail-in entries must be post-marked by August 11, 2019 and received no later than August 11, 2019.
Limit one (1) entry per person. All eligible entries have an equal chance of winning, regardless of method of entry. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. No mechanically reproduced entries, alterations, facsimiles or forged entries. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Martin Guitar (“Sponsor”) and ArtsQuest (“Promotional Partner”) and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, postage due, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsors or Promotional Partner.
2. Eligibility. Participation open only to permanent legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age as of time of entry. Officers, directors, and employees of Sponsors and Promotional Partner, members of these persons’ immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings, and their spouses regardless of where they reside), and persons living in the same households as these persons (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
3. Random Drawing/Odds. Three (3) “grand-prize” winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries. The drawing will take place on or about August 12, 2019. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries (both online and eligible write-in entries). By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including the release and waiver of liability contained herein, and the decisions of the judges, Sponsors and Promotional Partner, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
4. Prizes. Three (3) grand prizes (“Grand Prize”): One (1) Martin D-10E Guitar or (1) Martin D-10E Guitar or (1) Martin 000-10E Guitar. Total approximate retail value (ARV) of each prize is $999.00. The specific style of the “Grand Prize” given to each winner will be determined by ArtsQuest (“Promotional Partner”). Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, incidentals, fees, service charges, surcharges, insurance costs or other unspecified costs or expenses associated with use of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner and/or his or her travel companion. Prize may be subject to restrictions imposed by prize sponsors.
5. Notification. Winners will be notified by E-mail or phone on or about the week following the Drawing and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. If winner cannot be contacted within three (3) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one winner and one prize per “grand prize.”
6. Conditions; Waiver and Release. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s acknowledgement and acceptance of the Official Rules and winner’s permission for Sponsors to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsors for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize awarded “as is” without any representation or warranty by Sponsors. Winner assumes all risks associated with use of the prize and participation in prize-related activities. Sponsors are not responsible if any scheduled event is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason. Accommodations subject to availability. Winner is solely responsible for observing and abiding by prize sponsors’ rules and regulations or terms and conditions for use of prize. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and Promotional Partner and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death arising from, relating to, or which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel, or participation in the Sweepstakes, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize, or preparation for, travel to or from, and participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify Sponsors against any claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorney fees) arising out of or resulting from and breach by entrant of these Official Rules. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or who attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way, shall be disqualified.
7. Additional Terms. Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should Sponsors determine, in its sole discretion, that fraud, mistake, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsors will select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsors. Sponsors reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsors representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania. Unless expressly prohibited by governing law, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims or causes of action in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual, direct out-of-pocket expenses incurred, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to claim or obtain indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or any other damages other than actual, direct out-of-pocket expenses.
8. List of Winner. To obtain the name of the winning individual, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 12, 2019 to: ArtsQuest / “Martin Guitar Road Series & Authentic Acoustic Strings Sweepstakes” Winner, ATTN: Marketing Manager: Ben Youngerman, 25 W Third St, Bethlehem, PA 18015.
9. Sponsor: Martin Guitar
10. Promotional Partner: ArtsQuest