Celebrating Diverse Programming and Each Other
ArtsQuest embraces diversity and firmly believes that diversity is essential for the health and well-being of our entire community. The organization has always and will always feature programs that encourage participation by diverse members of the community. This programming is reflected in Musikfest’s concerts, as well as the wide variety of programming at SteelStacks and the Banana Factory.
As such, we expect all of our patrons who enjoy Musikfest will embrace the experience, as well as one another, to show the country and indeed, the world, just how welcoming and hospitable Bethlehem is today. After all, diversity is our heritage. The European founders of Bethlehem embraced Native Americans and Africans. God’s Acre adjacent to Central Moravian Church in downtown Bethlehem is the first place in the United States where Europeans, Native Americans and Africans were buried side by side. And the Moravians were also the first in the new world to believe that educating women was important. Let’s keep that spirit of diversity alive and well.
The ‘fest is all about fun and there are a handful of rules in place to ensure good times for all.
The following are not permitted at the event:
- Bringing outside food or beverages to the festival grounds
- Coolers and pitchers
- Removing alcoholic beverages from the site
- Pets, except personal assistance dogs
- Bikes, skateboards, roller blades
- Laser pointers
- Unauthorized soliciting
- Reserved chairs or tables, except at ticketed venues and those reserved by ArtsQuest
- Smoking in any tented areas, indoor venues or Sands Steel Stage seating sections
- Climbing on any scaffold towers or stages
- Swimming or wading in the creek, canal or river
- Defacing property within the Musikfest grounds (this will result in prosecution)
- Unauthorized audio/video recording
- Drones on or over the festival grounds
- Umbrellas at Sands Steel Stage
Please note: Shoes and shirts must be worn on the festival grounds.
UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES (UAVS)/DRONE POLICY
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests, ArtsQuest strictly prohibits the operation of or use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), commonly known as “Drones,” on, from, or above ArtsQuest premises, events or venues without specific written permission from an official of ArtsQuest. This includes all UAVs regardless of size, weight, or purpose.
Use of photo arms, more commonly known as “Selfie-Sticks,” is strictly prohibited at all events, including concerts, festivals, and family shows at all ArtsQuest operated venues to ensure the safety of our guests. We encourage you to keep all Selfie-Sticks locked securely in your vehicle. Guests that do not comply with this policy may be subject to dismissal without refund.
CAMERA POLICIES FOR PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTIONS
Video recording devices are strictly prohibited during all professional productions at any ArtsQuest venue.
Simple cameras for personal use may be brought into the venue, as long as the following guidelines are adhered to:
- Simple cameras are defined as still photograph cameras that do not have detachable lenses, or cameras with an attached lenses of less than 2.5”x3.0”.
- Cell phone cameras are permitted, however, video recording using a cell phone camera is not allowed.
- Tripods and monopods are prohibited.
- Please be courteous to those guests around you when taking pictures.
- Cameras and cases are subject to search upon entering the venue.
- The official camera policy may be modified based upon the requests of artists/performers.
RECORDING OF EVENTS
Unauthorized filming, video or audio taping, photographs, records, and all other depictions at ArtsQuest venues and/or events are prohibited.
ArtsQuest reserves the right to inspect and search all guests entering ArtsQuest venues. Guests should be prepared to have all hand carried items open and ready for inspection. Hand carried items include, but are not limited to, bags, purses, camera cases, etc.
ArtsQuest reserves the right to employ metal detection devices as necessary to promote a safe environment for guests, performers, and employees.
Tailgating is not permitted in parking lot areas. Guests may assemble at their vehicles under the following conditions:
- Guests may only occupy the parking space that they selected upon entering the property.
- Adjacent parking spaces and driveways must remain clear.
- Tents and canopies may not be erected in the parking lots.
- Grills and open flames are not permitted.