The ‘fest is all about fun and there are a handful of rules in place to ensure good times for all. For the safety and convenience of all our guests, the following are not permitted at the event:
- Bringing outside food or beverages to the festival grounds
- Coolers and pitchers
- Removing alcoholic beverages from the site
- No weapons of any kind are permitted
- Pets, except personal assistance dogs
- Large bags or backpacks
- Bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, hoverboards
- Laser pointers
- Unauthorized solicitation or marketing
- Reserved chairs or tables, except at ticketed venues which are reserved by ArtsQuest
- Smoking in any tented areas, indoor venues or Wind Creek Steel Stage seating sections
- Climbing on any scaffold towers or stages
- Swimming or wading in the creek, canal or river
- Defacing property within the Musikfest grounds (this will result in prosecution)
- Unauthorized audio/video recording
- Wearing costumes or disguises on festival grounds without management’s prior approval
- Drones on or over the festival grounds
- Umbrellas and signs at the Wind Creek Steel Stage
Musikfest Code of Conduct
Musikfest strives to create a safe, clean, comfortable and enjoyable environment for all guests. We are committed to providing excellent customer service from a courteous staff. As such, when attending the festival, guests are required to exhibit appropriate behavior and refrain from the following:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature
- Fighting or other behavior deemed detrimental to the experience of other guests
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that result in irresponsible behavior
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Interference with the progress of the event
- Failing to follow instructions of emergency responders and event personnel or management
- Verbal or abusive harassment of artists, staff, vendors and other guests
- Standing on chairs/seats or blocking the aisles
- Disturbing other guests’ enjoyment of the event
- Displaying obscene or indecent messages or images on signs or clothing
- Violating any local, state or federal laws
Guests engaged in any of the above actions may immediately be ejected from the festival grounds. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets (when applicable) or be compensated in any way.
Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats/area (when applicable) and will present tickets when requested.
Guests are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to the nearest Musikfest staff, emergency responder or call 911.
UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES (UAVS)/DRONE POLICY
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests, ArtsQuest strictly prohibits the operation of or use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), commonly known as “drones,” on, from or above ArtsQuest premises, events or venues without specific written permission from an official of ArtsQuest. This includes all UAVs regardless of size, weight or purpose.
- Video recording devices are strictly prohibited during all professional productions at any ArtsQuest venue.
- Simple cameras for personal use may be brought into the venue, as long as the following guidelines are adhered to:
- Simple cameras are defined as still photograph cameras that do not have detachable lenses, or cameras with an attached lens of less than 2.5”x3.0”.
- Cell phone cameras are permitted, however, video recording using a cell phone camera is not allowed.
- Tripods and monopods are prohibited.
- Please be courteous to those guests around you when taking pictures. Cameras and cases are subject to search upon entering the venue. The official camera policy may be modified based upon the requests of artists/performers.
RECORDING OF EVENTS
Unauthorized filming, video or audio taping, photographs, records and all other depictions at ArtsQuest venues and/or events are prohibited.
SELFIE STICKSUse of photo arms, more commonly known as selfie sticks, are strictly prohibited at all events, including concerts, festivals and family shows at all ArtsQuest operated venues to ensure the safety of our guests. We encourage you to keep all selfie sticks locked securely in your vehicle. Guests that do not comply with this policy may be subject to dismissal without refund.
ArtsQuest reserves the right to inspect and search all guests entering ArtsQuest venues. Guests should be prepared to have all hand carried items open and ready for inspection. Hand carried items include, but are not limited to, bags, purses, camera cases, etc.
ArtsQuest reserves the right to employ metal detection devices as necessary to promote a safe environment for guests, performers, volunteers and employees.
Tailgating is not permitted in parking lot areas, including satellite locations. Guests may assemble at their vehicles under the following conditions:
- Guests may only occupy the parking space that they selected upon entering the property
- Adjacent parking spaces and driveways must remain clear
- Tents and canopies may not be erected in the parking lots
- Grills and open flames are not permitted
- Outside alcohol is not permitted
Freedom of Assembly
ArtsQuest fully respects the right for individuals to assemble peacefully to share their viewpoints and opinions. In an effort to accommodate groups who wish to gather peacefully, designated areas for assembly have been established at:
- Musikfest’s SouthSide Arts District – First and Polk streets on the south sidewalk near the barricades
- Musikfest’s Colonial Industrial Corner (North Side) – Main and Church Streets across the street from the Main Street Ramp Bridge
Anyone wishing to use any fixed location on any street, sidewalk or other property in the city of Bethlehem should contact Judith Stiles, Secretary, City of Bethlehem Parks and Recreation Bureau, at 610-865-7079 for further information concerning the City’s licensing and permit requirements.