An intro to all things Musikfest
With more than 500 performances across 10 days, the Musikfest experience can seem daunting to a first-timer. Don’t panic, we’ve compiled a list of the basics you’ll need to know in order to properly get your ‘fest on.
- Musikfest 2020 is July 31-August 9
- “How do I get across the river?” you may ask. Simple. There is a transfer site on each side. Hop on a bus at the transfer site and you’ll be taken to the other side.
- The easiest entrance strategy is to use our satellite parking lots and shuttle system.
- Only the shows at Wind Creek Steel Stage require tickets.
- Almost every musical genre conceivable is represented.
- Stages are called “platzes,” an homage to the city’s Germanic heritage (platz being German for “place”).
- Food and drink is available pretty much everywhere and sold using a ticket system.
- You can buy tickets at every platz.
- Musikfest has famous beverage mugs. They keep your beverages cold in the hot summer sun, plus you get a discount on beer refills. Also, you’re helping us to reduce waste by using them.
Miscellaneous ‘fest Knowledge
- ArtsQuest Members get special treatment and benefits at the ‘fest. Become a member!
- Facebook and Twitter are great ways to get the latest ‘fest news.
- The very first Musikfest was held in 1984. 182,000 people showed up.
- The festival is presented by the nonprofit arts organization ArtsQuest. Read more about ArtsQuest.
- All proceeds from the ‘fest support the Banana Factory, ArtsQuest’s community arts center and gallery in Bethlehem, as well as other nonprofit groups in the region.